Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

LCD screen in dash Hard/Easy???

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LCD screen in dash Hard/Easy???

i wanted to install an lcd screen where the headunit would be..... and put the headunit where the ac controls are.... and finally put the ac controls in the glove box... is this a hard task to do.......

thanks aj
Old 02-27-2006, 01:03 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by chameleonls1
i wanted to install an lcd screen where the headunit would be..... and put the headunit where the ac controls are.... and finally put the ac controls in the glove box... is this a hard task to do.......

thanks aj
If you are not comfortable around car electronics, ABSOLUTELY, its a hard task. for those with basic knowledge, its still one hell of a task.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:33 AM
TECH Junkie

I did this in my Camaro I used to have. It can be done. the hardest part was moving the air conditioning and making a box for it to sit in and make it look good. I would reccomend going with a pioneer head unit that plays dvd's.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:33 AM
TECH Resident

It all really depends on your fabrication skills, and your willingness to cut into your dash. Molding an LCD into your dash will take alot of custom work, and you will be permanently modifying the plastics. I suggest going over to MP3car.com and taking a look in their fabrication forums for ideas on how this can be accomplished. If you do decide on doing it, DO NOT USE BONDO BODY FILLER. Several people seem to be doing that, and they will be having cracking issues down the road. I suggest using a flexible epoxy like bond brand flexible bumper repair epoxy. On the MP3car site you can get ideas of what hardware to purchase, and different configurations you can do. Good luck on your project, and if you decide to take the plunge post a couple of pics of you progress!

Last edited by Snootch; 02-27-2006 at 08:43 AM.