Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Eclipse audiophiles PLEASE help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse audiophiles PLEASE help

I have a some questions about the Eclipse AVN7000 in dash navigation head unit. Hopefully some of you are very familiar with this unit. My first question is, it has an internal 20 gig hard drive, does this mean I can upload my mp3's directly onto this unit and avoid carrying CDs pr my Ipod? Also, if this is possible, does that mean I can upload a DVD or two? Question two, does Eclipse offer a mapping program for Alaska similar to that of the lower 48? Question three, will this unit allow tracking and back track similar to a handheld GPS? Question four, do any of you have this head unit installed and if you do, your opinions on it?? For now, these are the only questions I have. I'll be going to talk to a local Eclipse dealer, but I would like to have as much info as I can before I walk in the door.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, only the double din 30 gig HD 5495 dedicates the extra 10 gigs to music files, not movies. The other 20 gigs is dedicated to programming and navigation + teh extra functions that most flipouts have with a separate brain.

From what Ive seen and heard, Eclipse has the easiest, most convenient navigation system on the block. I only know some of this because Circuit CIty is now carrying the FULL LINE of eclipse and Im getting an eclipse 5495.