Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

its finally done, rx75 plus jammer

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 03:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default its finally done, rx75 plus jammer

here are some pics to give you guys that were asking, the idea

The LEd is a two stage LED that is green when no laser/radar is detected and turns RED when it senses something.

Old 03-02-2006, 03:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Did you relocate the speaker so you can hear it or is it just the light that alerts you?

Where do you keep your insurance papers?

Very cool non the less
Old 03-02-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

the speaker is actually mounted on the vents in the dash, its a small 1.5" beltronics speaker that makes audible alerts and also has voice prompts.......... no sexy chick voice though
Old 03-05-2006, 01:14 AM
Banned

Jammer......what are the penality's for being caught with one of those?
Old 03-05-2006, 01:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Below in your sig? I want to be caught with either one of them. LOL
Old 03-05-2006, 01:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1 GG
Jammer......what are the penality's for being caught with one of those?
From from what I've read on several websites and what several people have told me, getting caught with a radar jammer carries fines upwards of $5,000 dollars and possible jail time. Using a radar jammer is a federal offense, not worth IMHO.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

What he has is a laser "shifter" not a radar jammer. Active radar jammers are illegal under federal law and carry BIG fines and jail time as penalties. However, the FCC doesn't have jurisdiction over light emissions (laser) like they do over microwave (radar) emissions so there is no federal law against laser shifters/jammers. A few states have passed laws against them so check your local laws but they are legal in most of the country.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

whats the very bottom pic.. I'm trying to figure out a way to mount my zr-3 laser shifter. I noticed you have the two front sensors behind the bumper which is what I was leaning towards. Did you have to cut some of the styrofoam out? How do you have your rear sensor mounted. I the cockpit module is small enough I was thinking about mounting it in between my seat and the middle console.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:04 AM
TECH Resident

rear shifter is mounted using your exising rear license plate bolts, very clean install, but Id have to blur my license plate if i were to show it.... The pic on the very bottom is the RADAR reciever. I DID cut out a litle bit of styrafome, but only becuase The Aluminum Bracket I fabbed up wasnt a perfect fit...... This was a work in progress for months....... But in reality, i only spent about 8 hours on it, which is more than it should have.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Originally Posted by CashMoney
whats the very bottom pic.. I'm trying to figure out a way to mount my zr-3 laser shifter. I noticed you have the two front sensors behind the bumper which is what I was leaning towards. Did you have to cut some of the styrofoam out? How do you have your rear sensor mounted. I the cockpit module is small enough I was thinking about mounting it in between my seat and the middle console.
The display module will also fit very nicely between the lower dash and the console (under the HVAC controls). That's where I put mine - it's easy to see and the tiny speaker is pointed right at you.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

WhiteBird00 Can you post pics of your setup... Sorry to thread jack but My Laser shift has been sitting in the closet since July. I'm glanced quickly at the bracket and really have not felt like dealing with the installation untill your thread inspired me UltraZ
Old 03-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Originally Posted by CashMoney
WhiteBird00 Can you post pics of your setup... Sorry to thread jack but My Laser shift has been sitting in the closet since July. I'm glanced quickly at the bracket and really have not felt like dealing with the installation untill your thread inspired me UltraZ
Please forgive the poor quality of these pictures. The first shows the control head for the RX75 mounted between the dash and the console. No real mounting is necessary - it just kind of wedges into the gap with the wires coming out behind (hidden). The second shows where I mounted the laser detector. It was easy to drill a hole for the wire in the bumper behind the sensor and route the wire along the radiator support, across the fender, and through the grommet under the PCM. You can see that it is hardly noticeable where it's mounted but it works well. I mounted the radar detector in about the same place as UltraZ (under the bumper in front of the air dam). I don't have the RX75 Pro so I didn't have the laser shifter modules to mount.

Old 03-11-2006, 06:05 AM
TECH Resident

Just throwing this out there white bird. The ZX-3 I have works in conjunction with the Passport 8500 X50 The wire they gave me is nowhere near long enough to reach the radar detector. (Which I put just above the rear view mirror for better concealment). Here are my thoughts. If I can locate a 2nd headliner that matches my car I want to cut a hole about 6" back from the rear view mirror and plake a cubby hole there so only the zx-3 Faceplate is showing while all the wires and the body will be tucked up under the head liner. Then I could still mount the 8500 above the rearview mirror and run the power cord with the rear view mirror cord.

Sounds like a neat Idea? I just need to figure out how to make the clean install in my head a reality. And a secondary headliner so I don't mess up the original in case I mess up bad.

Nate
Old 03-13-2006, 07:17 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

That would be one way to do it. It would be a fair bit of work and might be expensive depending on how much it costs you for a headliner. Why not just extend the length of the connecting cable? I'm not that familiar with the ZR-3 shifter but I know the Passport SR-7 that it goes with uses telephone cable with standard RJ-11 connectors so I assume it does as well. It should be fairly easy to add a length of cable. You can make your own cable if you have the right kind of crimping tool or you could just get a telephone extension cable from Radio Shack and plug it in.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:55 PM
TECH Resident

I didn't know it was just a standard telephone cable.. Thanks I'll wheigh my options.