Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

My new rear hatch setup!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new rear hatch setup!

Just got this in this morning, im gonna have it down at the vinyl shop tomorrow getting all of it covered in black. Its sweet, the plexiglass you can look down into to see my 2 12's and the amp sitting on top of them like its floating. Then the two doors in it open up to put my book bags and excess crap in and hide it all up. It has already been completely dynamated along witht the rest of the car. After i get it back later this week from the vinyl place i will put a 35th Anniversary logo on top just for that extra touch. I will post more pics later of the finished product. ...plus i broke that little piece on the left, dont worry, nothing a little liquid nails can't fix!
Attached Thumbnails My new rear hatch setup!-7.jpg   My new rear hatch setup!-8.jpg  
Old 03-06-2006, 06:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks cool. Pretty sweet idea to store your stuff. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

ya thats gonna look pretty bad ***! good luck with everything
Old 03-06-2006, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you remove the back seats for this??
Old 03-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Thanks! Nope, the back seats are still there and so is the original plastic trim in the back area. I didn't wanna tear up the car to do anything, i wanted to keep it all the same just make something to really kinda give it a "clean" look. I hate flashy over the top, subs sticking out and an amp mounted on the flat area above the gas tank. After its all covered in vinyl and everything, i will give the appearance of a stock, clean look that should just impress people with it just being simple...but i wont lie, it took a couple of days to do this, and a couple weeks to think of it and work out the bugs.