Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Will 10W3V2s fit in the Subthump box for the HD crew cab?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 05:58 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Will 10W3V2s fit in the Subthump box for the HD crew cab?

Also, what are your thoughts on this particular box? I like it because I don't have to modify anything and fits perfectly under the seat. Now more than likey if I did a custom enclosure behind the seat, I'll have to move it forward and I'm really not for that.

Some people don't really like premade boxes and some do, which is why I'm wanting opinions on this box. The box is contrusted of MDF wood which is also used for custom boxes. It is also is covered with carpet. I think its very reasonable in price as most car audio shops charge $250 for a custom enclosure.

I called Subthump directly to ask if the 10W3V2s will fit and they stated yes, but I really didn't want to go by what they said as more than likey they just want you to buy the box. So another concern I wanted to confirm was that. Will they fit?

If so, another thing I wanted to bring up is air space. Each chamber on this box has .55 cu. ft. of air space. JL Audio recommends .625 per sub for optimum sound. Now keep in mind, that is just a baseline. The more power you put to the subs, the smaller box you'll need. So...if I'm putting 250 watts to each sub (JL Audio 500/1 amp) then they'll be getting plenty of wattage. So my question with this is, do you think that .55 cu. ft. is enough air space for these speakers and will put out good, clear, loud sound?

Here's the link to the box:

http://www.subthump.com/gmcrew.htm
Old 03-16-2006, 06:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
Also, what are your thoughts on this particular box? I like it because I don't have to modify anything and fits perfectly under the seat. Now more than likey if I did a custom enclosure behind the seat, I'll have to move it forward and I'm really not for that.

Some people don't really like premade boxes and some do, which is why I'm wanting opinions on this box. The box is contrusted of MDF wood which is also used for custom boxes. It is also is covered with carpet. I think its very reasonable in price as most car audio shops charge $250 for a custom enclosure.

I called Subthump directly to ask if the 10W3V2s will fit and they stated yes, but I really didn't want to go by what they said as more than likey they just want you to buy the box. So another concern I wanted to confirm was that. Will they fit?

If so, another thing I wanted to bring up is air space. Each chamber on this box has .55 cu. ft. of air space. JL Audio recommends .625 per sub for optimum sound. Now keep in mind, that is just a baseline. The more power you put to the subs, the smaller box you'll need. So...if I'm putting 250 watts to each sub (JL Audio 500/1 amp) then they'll be getting plenty of wattage. So my question with this is, do you think that .55 cu. ft. is enough air space for these speakers and will put out good, clear, loud sound?

Here's the link to the box:

http://www.subthump.com/gmcrew.htm
In my opinion, it's too small.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That should work with a little poly stuffing.