Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

custom box

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 01:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default custom box

Does anyone have a custom box that is also kinda a rear seat delete? I have a picture in mind of what I want to do. Was just curious if anyone else has done this and how it came out.

I outlined the basic shape it would need to be. maybe fiberglass would be best for something like this especially since the bottom is shaped wierd.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:10 AM
12 Second Club

so nobody has anything like this?
Old 03-26-2006, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

i have a box where my rear seats used to be. What I envisioned was something similar to your idea, however what I ended up with was totally different. I didnt have the cash for fiberglass and since I race, I wanted the box to be removable. I didn't want any speakers showing either, so I opted to down-fire the speakers and place the amps behind them so i could hide everything out of sight. I will have to get pics today sometime. It isnt anything amazing, but it does sound good.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Most people fire the subs towards the back glass/hatch because it seems louder.
You would have to use fiberglass to make that work because of the floor and sides.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:33 AM
12 Second Club

ya I was afraid of that since I have 0 fiberglass skill lol. I also do a little racing and think a wood box in that size would be a little too heavy. So I guess Im gonna take the unoriginal route and get a stealth box or something lol. Maybe one day when I dont feel like racing anymore Ill get back to this project. I think it would be real clean to delete the rear seats with this set up.