Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

GM or Autopage expert please 2001 TAHOE HELP :o(

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM or Autopage expert please 2001 TAHOE HELP :o(

hello,
kind of a long explaination but i really appriciate anyone who can help

( alarm was sent back to be fixed and they told me there was nothing wrong with it )

i have had a problem for quit sometime now but i think i figured it out i need a bit of help please.

i have a 2001 Chevy Tahoe v8. there is a AutoPage rs-850lcd installed in it.

i need to know what color wire in the truck connects to the following 6 wires PLEASE .

there is a 6pin plug on the autopage it is the main plug with the power wires.

1 Violet wire ---- Starter Output

2 RED wires ----- w/20amp fuses manual says they goto + 12volts high current source but if there is 2 seperate 12v feeds to the ignition switch then one RED wire should should be connected to each feed at the switch.

1 YELLOW wire ----- ignition wire from ignition switch

1 PINK wire ----- Ignition 2 Output

1 BROWN wire ----- Accessory Output ( Heater / ACC Output )

here is my problem: this is connected already but i think it is wrong. when it is pluged into the alarm brain my 40amp IGNITION fuse under the hood has power on both sides of the terminal ( while the fuse is out ) something is causing feedback. and it kill my battery

i think it is 1 of the red wires because 1 of the red wires is connected to to a soild red wire in the column. this wire has constant power but when i pull that 40amp fuse from under the hood out then the red wire has no power. when i disconnect the 6 pin plug from the alarm then there is only power on one side of the fuse like there should be.

the other red wire is conected to a really thick red with white stripe wire. this is constant with that fuse under the hood, but goes out the second it is removed.

sorry this so long but i tried to explain it the best i can....please try to help me....i haven't been ale to drive my truck since october