Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Ipod To Kenwood Headunit Interface Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ipod To Kenwood Headunit Interface Problems

I purchased this---
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-sEMF45a...50&I=113CAC1AX
and thought that I would be able to connect my ipod to my receiver. My receiver will play ipod music and other times will not recognize the ipod when it is connected-MOST OF THE TIME IT DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE IPOD.

Any ideas why this is happening?

here is the receiver manual

Click here: http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/Man...3/113MP222.PDF
Old 04-07-2006, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an older Kenwood unit that uses the same aux adapter.

On my head unit you have to select the aux input as a source, just like you do everything else. Source button toggles Radio-CD-Aux-Off. The head unit will not auto switch. Are you expecting that it would auto switch?

If you have your h/u set to Aux, the only reason it wouldn't pick it up is if something isn't connected right or something is broken, both of which are pretty unlikely. Or if the ipod volume was down or muted, lol.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:09 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by todddchi
I have an older Kenwood unit that uses the same aux adapter.

On my head unit you have to select the aux input as a source, just like you do everything else. Source button toggles Radio-CD-Aux-Off. The head unit will not auto switch. Are you expecting that it would auto switch?

If you have your h/u set to Aux, the only reason it wouldn't pick it up is if something isn't connected right or something is broken, both of which are pretty unlikely. Or if the ipod volume was down or muted, lol.
I guess I need to play around with it some more. I do not see a Aux when I toggle. I get radio, cd- when inserted, and off. When the ipod does work- the receiver screen says, "disc" ????????????
Old 04-07-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like your radio is about the same.

"Disc" is titled that way because the adapter is intended to be for a CD changer. You might be able to change the label to "AUX" but it doesn't change anything.

It sounds like your radio might only toggle through the "AUX" or Disc setting if it "sees" something there. You might have to have the ipod on and playing for it to toggle to it.