Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

component speakers question

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default component speakers question

would it be overkill to put component speakers in the front of a vehicle and the rear. a firend of mine has a f150 and wants to put them all the way around. i was thinking that putting them in only the front and some decent 6x8s in the rear. thanks in advance
Old 04-27-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle
would it be overkill to put component speakers in the front of a vehicle and the rear. a firend of mine has a f150 and wants to put them all the way around. i was thinking that putting them in only the front and some decent 6x8s in the rear. thanks in advance
depends on the person. I like it. I have 2 sets of components in the front and a set in the rear. It sounds great. No need for the sail panels in the back I think that's what they are called..
Old 04-27-2006, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only use front componets and is sounds a lot better. Spend the money on a better set of componets and forget the rears.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

its not over kill. ive done it in almost all the cars ive owned however in a truck if you mount the tweeter behind the seat you wont hear it very good (if at all)