Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Steering Wheel Controls

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Controls

Hey I just got a 01 WS6 w/ the monsoon system. I want to swap out the reciever for my Alpine from my old Camaro but I don't want to lose the use of the buttons from my steering wheel controls. If I put in the Alpine will I be able to control the Alpine's volume and seek, etc. from the steering wheel controls. Is there an adapter? Thanks.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:53 PM
12 Second Club

Depending on the model Alpine Pac may make a swi-alp if it has the plug in on the back of the hu for steering wheel controls. Most newer Alpines support it. Is a simple 3 wire hook up and you need to program it. The PAC swi-x also works too, but you would have to hide a eye and the pac swi-alp doesn't require it, so would be the easiest and most reliable if your hu supports it, which it most likely does.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I have Soundgate's controller in my car, love it. Don't have to program anything, just tap into three wires and plug the minijack into the back of the headunit...done.

Best thing to do is search though.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:38 AM
Teching In

Thanks fellas...researched both PAC and Soundgate. The soundgate is more expensive but I'm think it'll work better.