Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon 500 watt speaker orientation... amp damaged?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Monsoon 500 watt speaker orientation...amp damaged?

Howdy! As you can probably tell, i just got my car...and all four of the front speakers are blown. The rear two are the only good ones and they are playing all ranges. I had always understood that those two were for bass and the middle ones by the backseats were for full range, am i mistaken here or what is the proper way they should be? The guy who had the car before me was a dumbass and had wires sauderd to each far rear speaker and each set of wires was then connected to a sub (thus running two 10 inch rockford subs)....could he have possibly made the monsoon amp fubar??...i visually looked at it and he did nothing to it, only thing he did was run subs off of those far rear speakers.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any1?
Old 05-03-2006, 02:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Rears as in the back seats or in the hatch? The back seats were just bass spearker in my TA. The fronts and the hatch played full range. Subs playing off the amp isn't too smart. It doesn't have the power and besides its not compatable, The ohms on the stock system are 8 ohms. Most if not all subs are 4 or 2 ohms.

I've got a Monsoon amp for $30 if you want it.