Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon in 94 z?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Monsoon in 94 z?

What will it take?
Old 05-20-2006, 03:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Why would you want to put the Monsoon system in a '94? Considering you'd have to do alot of wiring anyway, you're far better off with a complete aftermarket system.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't want my car broke into for a fancy aftermarket stereo. Monsoon sounds alot better then my stock bose.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

It aint gonna be worth it, you can have an aftermarket system well hidden you know? Get a stealth box for a 10" sub and the amp mounted on the back side of the trunk. The face plate on many aftermarket h/u's can be removed, so a wannabe thief won be going into your car if he doesn't see a nice radio.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:12 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

As the others have said, it probably wouldn't be worth the trouble or expense. Your Bose system would have to be completly removed because the speakers have amps built-in to them and the head unit is specific to Bose systems. So you would need a head unit (any Delco radio will work but you might as well get the one with the Monsoon label on it), new speakers all around, the Monsoon amp, and wiring. The Monsoon amp only powers the subs and woofers - the tweeters are powered directly from the head unit - so the wiring is a bit of a pain to set up. It can be done but I doubt you would find the results worth the effort.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i being i have a 94z and my original bose cd headunit went out awhile back came across a good deal on a monsoon cd and put it my car with the bose still hooked up to get by with overall as long as you dont turn it up[ real loud to where you can tell the amp is struggling ot keep up with the newer headunit, it sounds pretty good for now even thumps alittle more than the other bose headunit thru the stock speakers. like i said though it's a get by till i decide what im going to do which will probably be take the bose stuff out totally and replace with some serious stuff, though im not real big extreme loud stuff i do like the thump in bass on songsanyhow fig i would add my opinion overall it's a get by unit in a bose car but not a permanent thing