Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Dual xd7500

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 01:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual xd7500

Ok, so you guys are going to tell me it is crap. I know. My friend gave me his for free because he would occasionally have problems with the faceplate motor and he since bought an alpine. However, since it was free, i'd like to install it for now until i can afford a better headunit (which wont be for a long time, its not at the top of my list of priorities for my car). Anyways, what he didnt give me, because he didnt have it, was the harness that actually plugs directly into the headunit, the one that always comes with a headunit when you buy it. If anyone has a dual headunit, would you please be willing to take a picture of this harness for me so that i can see the wires colors, or draw a diagram or something. I dont feel like ordering this part from dual because i dont even know how well the unit is going to work for me so i'd rather just rig it up to work myself. Thanks
Old 05-29-2006, 06:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jdroelle001
Ok, so you guys are going to tell me it is crap. I know. My friend gave me his for free because he would occasionally have problems with the faceplate motor and he since bought an alpine. However, since it was free, i'd like to install it for now until i can afford a better headunit (which wont be for a long time, its not at the top of my list of priorities for my car). Anyways, what he didnt give me, because he didnt have it, was the harness that actually plugs directly into the headunit, the one that always comes with a headunit when you buy it. If anyone has a dual headunit, would you please be willing to take a picture of this harness for me so that i can see the wires colors, or draw a diagram or something. I dont feel like ordering this part from dual because i dont even know how well the unit is going to work for me so i'd rather just rig it up to work myself. Thanks

Why would he not give you the harness?
He can not reuse a dual wiring harness on a alpine head unit.
On top of that the apline came with its own wiring harness.

I know others will probably agree, its not worth the effort considering how much trouble that thing will give you. I would sell it and put that money towards a good pioneer etc...

Quick Reply: Dual xd7500