Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

94z RADIO WIRING PLUG QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 94z RADIO WIRING PLUG QUESTION

Hey anybody know for sure what the pink wire is on the back of the main plug that goes into the headunit? i know on all the other newer models( in the books )well i mean for the bird of course it's the remote for the antenna, reason im asking is i was starting to put in a power antenna and came about on the mysterious pink wire that has no constant power nor switched power either?? i was wondering what it went to ? i looked in the haynes book and it dont show the wire on the radio schematics?? it's a z28 with the bose system....hopefully future will be gone but i still need to know what the pink wire is too, so i cna hook my antenna up???? help!!!!!
Old 05-31-2006, 08:16 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

If your pink wire is the one next to the yellow and orange wires in the radio harness then it is the antenna power lead just like in newer models. It is powered by the radio whenever the radio is on. Did you test it while it was plugged into the radio? Unlike the yellow (ignition) and orange (battery) wires there will be no power on the pink wire unless it's plugged into the radio and the radio is on.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

No, i didnt test the pink wire but figured it was the antenna, my question is where does it go?? i cant find it so i can put it back to where i need to install the power antenna?? any idea where its going or stashed in the car??? im about ready to take some more wire and just run a new wire back to the antenna
Old 06-01-2006, 07:13 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

You should find a 3-pin connector in the right quarter panel near the spare tire that has orange, pink, and black wires in it. The orange is battery (constant) power, the black is ground, and the pink is the trigger signal from the radio.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

http://www.blackcamaro.com/antenna.htm
Old 06-01-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I finished my install today! i appreciate the info guys thanks