Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Subthump Blows

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002/Black/SS
i love my t-top box, SUBTHUMB is AMAZING
Plan on getting one here in about 3 weeks.does it hit hard, whats your setup?
Old 06-16-2006, 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I bought my stealth box about 2 years ago, placed an L7 in there too. About fitment, at first I was concerned since it didnt slide in, but with finesse or punches like imnotpluto said it goes right in. 00Pewter, this **** knocks, I'm surprised what a baby 10' could do in such a small cubby area. So by all means, get one. As far as service goes, Subthump is great. I ordered an L7 shape and was sent a circular 10' box...called and said whats up and shipped it back. They even told me how to get free shipping by claiming it was damaged on arrival.

11sec horse, I also have the same problem with T-top fitment. Rather than cutting up the holders like Mike is suggesting, I just sit my ttop a little atop the drivers side holder. If that makes any sense. LIke if you imagine looking at the Pass T-top hitting your sub when fully seated. Now what i do is take the left side, (the side touching the sub) and place it out of the holder and rest it on the holder but not inside the sliding area. The other side of that t-top will still be seated in the holder but of course it will not be able to lock down. If this is too confusing I can show pictures up if needed. As for whetehr this is safe, I'm going to say yes. I've been driving with my T-tops placed in the trunk like this and nothing terrible has happened. Hatch closes with no clearance issues, the t-tops dont jump around like kids in ball pit and most importantly, Doesn't Touch The Sub. Hope this helps you.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I figured if the ttop sat up like that it would move if you floored it or slammed on the brakes. Still the point is this box is designed to allow for proper ttop fitment, but as this thread has proven it doesnt lol. You shouldnt have to modify or move **** around. I dont care much about having to take out some carpet but anything else is lame. Im gonna fool around with it today and see what i can accomplish, ive been super busy the past few days. I gotta do a wax job too FUN FUN!! Anyway thanks for the pointers man..

Quick Reply: Subthump Blows