Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Pioneer AVH-P5700DVD

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer AVH-P5700DVD

Is this or any other flip out dvd hu hard to install on f-bodies? I was wondering if there is alot of moddifications that you have to make on the car for one to fit.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:29 PM
TECH Regular

i got one in my ss. it was pretty simple to hook up but ive installed alot of stereos. the hardest thing was getting it to fit in the dash bc with all the wires it is really tight and butts up against a piece inside the dash.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:10 AM
TECH Resident

Not too difficult to do with the correct parts. Get a wiring harness adapter so you don't have to cut up your stock harness. You may also need a GM antenna adapter. When you pull the stock head unit you'll see a mounting tab molded into the "tray" that holds the stock HU. You can literally just snap this tab off to make more room for an Aftermarket HU. There is also a black little box that clips to the firewall behind the head unit. you can unclip it and slide to the side if you need more room.

Total install time even for a complete noob with crush-style butt connectors should NOT be more than 2 hours.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 911ss
i got one in my ss. it was pretty simple to hook up but ive installed alot of stereos. the hardest thing was getting it to fit in the dash bc with all the wires it is really tight and butts up against a piece inside the dash.
if you dont mind me asking, how do you like this dvd player? i was thinking about getting it cuz its easy for me to hook up sirius to it.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Teching In

I installed a regular cd player head unit when i first got the car b/c the cd player in the factory head unit was not working. I was just wondering if there was any cutting or any other modifications like that to make it fit that i would have to do with the car. also can i use a regular single din mounting kit for it that i have on my regular cd player or do i need a different kit? thanks
Old 06-22-2006, 07:10 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by transambandit
if you dont mind me asking, how do you like this dvd player? i was thinking about getting it cuz its easy for me to hook up sirius to it.
This dvd player is great. Only thing I don't like about it is the 2.2v pre outs, but nothing a line driver won't fix.

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVH-P5700DVD