Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Power Door Lock Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Power Door Lock Issues

Hey everyone. I just picked up a 99 WS6 and have an issue. The power door locks will not lock when pushing the door buttons or on the key fob. They do unlock just fine however. I can manualy lock them and unlock with the power functions. I can here a clicking noise like the relay is clicking but not the door lock actuators moving like when I hit the unlock button. Would this be just a control module issue or somehthing more? I read the owner's manual about how you can set the door locks and all that to your liking and it did not do anything. I also hear a beeping noise when push the lock button.

Last edited by zroc86; 06-25-2006 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:48 AM
Launching!

Anyone?
Old 06-27-2006, 09:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine started doing something similar just before they went crazy as I stated in my post (https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532171). I have disconnected the switch to see if there might have been a bad connection. If this does not help, the BCM is next on my list to find and check. It could be your BCM. It sounds like it is beeping the horn but just not sending the signal to lock the doors.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Launching!

Ok I have done a bit of checking in the little time I have, anyway, I have power at the switch and continuity through the switch both driver and passenger. The door lock actuator works as it will unlock the doors. Now the haynes manual said there is a door lock relay but in the wiring diagrams it doesnt show one. Is there one? I can hear a clicking noise like a relay. Is it in the BCM? I also hear a dinging noise when the lock button is pushed. Also when I use the key fob to lock the doors outside of the car it honks and flashes the lights arming the system but the door doesnt lock, obviously, and when you open the door the alarm starts goin off. This is making me believe its the BCM. The previous owner said he never had a problem and it started the day I got it.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 275 Likes on 239 Posts

There is no relay for the door locks - it's all controlled by the BCM. It almost sounds like the "prevent lockout" feature is malfunctioning. There is a programmable feature in the BCM that prevents the doors from locking if the key is in the ignition. It's possible that there is something wrong that makes the BCM think the key is always in the ignition. Try programming that feature off (instructions are in the owner's manual) and see if that solves the problem - then be very careful not to lock your keys in your car.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Launching!

I havnt tried to repgrogram that off but I have found that the red/blk wire has continutity from the BCM to the both door lock switches but not to ground. I will try to reprogram the locks off the lock out and see if that works otherwise it looks to be a new BCM for me.