Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Burning Mp3's to DVD -R

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Burning Mp3's to DVD -R

So recently I switched my pioneer deck to an Alpine IVA-D300. Its a nice unit, happy i finally get to watch dvds in my own car. But what I'm struggling with the most is, How do I burn mp3 files into dvdr's which will play in the indash. So my first attempt was to basically do what I've been doing with cdr's and just burn the data. Worked perfectly will cdr's. However when I do the same method using a dvd'rs, barely any of the songs will play correctly: for example, I put 400 songs and only 5 were able to play. .
The current software I'm using is Roxio Media Creator 8, has all these nifty functions but none have been able to do the right job. They had a feature called Dvd Music Assistant which seemed like the exact thing I was looking for. Tried it, worked on my computer and my home system. But when it came to my indash, little bugger still gave me that ERROR sign. It's frustrating, cuase if I can't figure this out, I'd have only to use Cdr's to burn data on and well.. 700mb<4.7gig.
Anyone with info please let me know. This is possibly an easy fix, but somehow I cant get it to work. Boo! Any help is appreciated ; Thanks in advance
Old 06-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Launching!

not many head units play MP3 DVDs. I realize it plays a DVD disc, but I dont think it will play one with Mp3s on it. I would take the disc you mae and put it inot your home DVD player, if it plays you now its the head unit.

Check JVC for thier "GigaMP3" feature on the DVD headunits.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

THanks for the info. I figured how to burn mp3s onto dvdr's which is coo cuase now i have the capacity of using dvd'r's for burning. But I wonder if it still possible to make menus and stuff like a normal dvd but with audio. Roxio has this feature where you can make a dvd audio cd and make it all cool lookin with buttons, backrounds and ****. Thats what I did the first time but no go.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

So.....you say you've figured it out...please explain it so we too can understand....
Old 06-27-2006, 02:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So in roxio, i noticed there was an option called, "Music Creator" and under all the options there was something called MP3/WMA disc. The description was that it was going to make a music cd using mp3/wma to play on mp3 playing devices. I use to use the older version of roxio, and never saw this option. So I clicked it and draged all my music files into the project. Waited for the burning sequence to complete & ran down into my car and placed the disc in, and ... look it plays! On the bottom, theres a picture of what the program looks like. It should be the same with all other programs, look for something saying to make Mp3 disc (not just data disc). Drag your files into the project. Make the choice of disc from cd-r to dvd-r if you havnt' already and burn it using a dvd-r.
The reason I overlooked such an easy option, was that before all it took was to burn the data to the cd-r and it'll work fine. So when I tried that again, all i got was a messed up burnt dvdr.
Theres also an option to make a dvd music cd, which looks a lot better than just burning files onto the dvd. Theres a picture of it on the bottom. You get menus and choices like, artist names and track titles to choose through. I tried burning that way, but doesnt work out. I''ll keep trying to figure it out, and post my results.
Attached Thumbnails Burning Mp3's to DVD -R-asdf.jpg   Burning Mp3's to DVD -R-asd345.jpg  
Old 07-01-2006, 03:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Update*...

So I noticed an option to update the firmware on the dvd drive I was using. I went to a site WWW.drvupdate.com and downloaded their liveupdate. What it does is update the drive to its optimum performance. I gave it a try. after fully updating my DVD drive, i tried to burn the files using the DVD music program mentioned earlier. It works. . I can now burn my mp3 files the way I wanted to. So if anyone has problem trying to burn thier music library into a dvd format and using it into thier indash, this could be your answer. Trust me, I went through almost 25 DVD'rs trying to figure this out, but now I got it. It's a lot nicer looking and more easier to look through all your files. I posted a picture below of my end result.
Attached Thumbnails Burning Mp3's to DVD -R-asdf.jpg