Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

help

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question help

My ws6 has a stock alarm, but I do not have the control. I have noticed that when I lock the doors from the driver's side it does not get armed but when i lock the doors from the passenger side it does get armed. If I open the car from the left side the alarm will not go off but it does if I open the passenger side first. When I get off the car the stereo does not turn off, but if the passenger door is opened the stereo does turn off and the same thing happens with the interior lighting. Is a fuse burned or maybe a wire is disconnected? Everything works fine with the passenger side but not on the driver's side. Would appreciate the help thanks.

Last edited by junior83; 06-27-2006 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:16 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

If I remember correctly, the switch is built into the door latch. Either the switch broke or a wire going to it broke.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:11 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

VIP1 is correct - the switch is in the door latch. There is a certain amount of adjustment available in the latch/switch assembly so it might just need to be aligned properly. Also, they can get badly gummed up with road grime so it wouldn't hurt to try cleaning it before spending the money on a replacement.

If I open the car from the right side the alarm will not go off but it does if I open the passenger side first.
BTW, the right side is the passenger side. Left and right are always determined from the driver's seat.