Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Amp Current Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Amp Current Gauge

Had a credit at Thunder so figured I'd burn it. Been wanting one of these things for a while, I just think they're cool. Especially since I got alot invested in my audio. It uses a transducer to measure the current around the power wire. It even fits around my 1/0ga wire! There's 3 settings on it, fast, slow and hold. Fast is real-time, slow has a decent bit slower refresh rate than the fast, and the hold will hold a peak current draw for 3 seconds then go back to real-time refreshing. I need to swap my transmission temperature gauge and the ammeter, I think it'd look better. So far the best current draw I've measured is 53amps.

Old 07-02-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've always liked the looks of the cobalt series gauges. they just cost a little bit more than i want to spend. looks good btw
Old 07-02-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks. I like it, but it's a little brighter than the rest of my blue gauges. Oh well, here's some night time pics. I swapped the trans temp and ammeter. Looks better IMO

Old 07-03-2006, 06:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They do look nice. It's like being in an airplane at night.