Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

passenger window just stopped

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default passenger window just stopped

ok, when my window motor in my mazda navajo passenger side went out, it went out slowly. i culd tell it was gettn real sluggish..

today, after comin home from food shoppin, i rolled up both windows at the same time in my z28, and the passenger side just...stopped. it left about 1" from the top, so water can still get in, but my question is - did the motor just die? can it do that?! i figured i'd slowly fade like the one in my navajo did. now i cant even roll it down or nothin.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

see if it cooled and try it again
It may be a goner
Old 07-26-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok, im stupid. just freaked since it's supposed to rain all week here an i wuldnt know where to get a motor from. i guess the motor's dyin? i got the window back up just fine, but, im wonderin if it'll be safe to drop again? does this kinda stuff normally happen?
Old 07-26-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep, prety common on the F-body, time to get you a new motor. If it gets stuck again and you need to close it in a hurry, just pull on the glass while you push the button. It'll help get it up.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Same thing happened to me. The window would just stop at whatever position, and I had to wait a bit before it would move again. Time for a new motor.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Replaced my passenger side motor today. At first it would just stop, let it cool, go up a little - classic going bad, then one day wouldn't work with either switch. Leave it up until you can replace it, they can completely die. After replacing mine it only works with the passenger side switch - guess I'll be buying a new driver's side module - don't know if that's what caused it or not.