Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need speaker help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2002, 08:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need speaker help!

I want to basicly upgrade the speakers in my car with very little hassle ... With some good sounding stuff .. Is there a way to hook that up w/o cutting all the factory wires n stuff? also I found an adapter online somewhere that will allow me to use my stock headunit and a aftermarket AMP. Any suggestions on what type of speakers I should get and where I can get the plugs for the speakers so I don't have to splice wires?
Old 05-20-2002, 08:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Need speaker help!

You can go to a sound shop and get the connectors that hook around your wires so you do not have to cut or splice anything.
Old 05-21-2002, 12:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Need speaker help!

What system came with your car stock? Was it the Monsoon or the basic model? What are your plans on the full system??

The reason I ask is there are a lot of things that come in to play that people don't consider. The Monsoon system drives the front highs from the receiver, the mid bass / midrange gets sent to a punny amp in the back. The rears and stock subs go to this amp as well. If you were to put an aftermarket head unit in using the existing wiring you will more than likely be over driving the inputs of the stock amp, resulting in either frying it or a lot of distortion when your system is turned up. This is just one thing to think about.

You can do what dfarmercse said on the connectors.