Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sound deadening spray/dynamat Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2002, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound deadening spray/dynamat Questions?

Hi Guys,

This isn't really stereo related...but I figured that you guys would know about this stuff.

I have the carpet out of my car right now for the cage install and I was thinking about spraying some of the sound deadening stuff in there while it was out...my car is getting louder and louder on the inside (Ford 9", turn downs, no cats, etc)

My questions are...how much does this stuff cost to get sprayed? How much of a difference does it really make? How heavy is it?

Thanks,

Scott
Old 06-04-2002, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Sound deadening spray/dynamat Questions?

I would try putting some dynamat or the d mat extreme. I know this guy that redid his whole trunk, and there is no rattles and u cant hardly hear the sub whenever the trunk is closed to u know it deadends the sound. Now it does sound like it to me that u are worried about weight, for that i am not sure. the stuff is pretty thick, so not sure how much it will add. Ill try to find out and post back
Old 06-06-2002, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Alright i found it, the orignal dyanamat, thats 13 sq feet is 10.4 lbs, and the extreme is a few pounds ligher. thats good b/c its better. hope this helps you out

Drew
Old 06-06-2002, 02:10 AM
Back in the staging lane

The spray in dynamat is actually very good. It's gets in all the crevices and small holes that the regular stuff doesn't. If I had to do it over again, I would use the spray.
Old 06-06-2002, 09:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never used the spray type, but my guess is it would be a lot lighter as well. I'm thinking about doing the spray and removing the stock sound dampening mat and going with a light weight carpet.
Old 06-06-2002, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys,

I am going to look into doing the following when I get my car back from the cage shop:

-Spray on sound deadening
-Lightweight custom carpeting

I will probably do a system at the same time so that the shop can match the box to the carpet color.

I permanently removed the backseats, so I am going to have something custom made that will fit into the room that was taken by the back seats.

Thanks,

Scott

Quick Reply: Sound deadening spray/dynamat Questions?