Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

trying to install GM cd player

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 12:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trying to install GM cd player

My 1998 Z28 has a cassette head unit and a factory 12 disk changer. I got a used 1998 Z28 cd head unit for it. I know the changer won't work with the cd head unit. Thats not my concern. When I plugged in the CD player it plays radio just fine but then I try a CD and it reads it(no playing though) then says ERR and spits it back out. I pushed it in again and repeated this crap about 6 times then it played. I figured I would eject the cd and make sure it was working goo before I button her back up and the player wouldn't accept the disk anymore. I also tried other cds with no luck! The face of the CD player was really dusty. I didn't have a CD player cleaning kit to try at the time. Any ideas!!!
Old 06-05-2002, 11:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: trying to install GM cd player

You should really try and clean it first before going any further...

Shane
Old 06-05-2002, 01:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by LIL SS:
<strong>Also, is this a CD that you made or an original. I had problems playing coppied CD's in my stock unit..</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ditto that... especially ones that were recoreded at a speed higher than the media is rated for.

Shane
Old 06-06-2002, 12:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, is this a CD that you made or an original. I had problems playing coppied CD's in my stock unit..