Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help! Alarm won't let me start my car

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help! Alarm won't let me start my car

My 90 Honda Accord had an aftermarket Python alarm installed. Then it also had subwoofers thrown in, but they were taken out. Awhile later, it had problems starting even though the battery was fine, starter was fine, etc etc. Well, we finally figured out how to start it, and the trick was that it would start as long as I kept the driver-side door open.

I know, I know, it's ghetto. So I let my Mom borrow it and the next thing you know she is stranded in Cincinnati. Something happened with the already-messed-up alarm, because the battery is fine and the engine is turning over but the car won't start. She says that now the engine will turn over when the door is shut or open, which normally the door had to be open for the engine to turn over at all.

I'm probably going to go down to Cinci tomorrow and try and figure what the heck is going on, but knowledge of alarms is extremely limited. Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Help! Alarm won't let me start my car