Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Delco CD Changer Problems... Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 04:16 AM
Staging Lane

Location: Oklahoma 1000+ posts from LS1.COM and 430+ posts from WWW.COFBA.COM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delco CD Changer Problems... Help!

Okay, this thing has feed me up! I'm so tired of it messing up so many times. Well no I think it has messed up for good. Well whenever I try to put the cartridge everything works fine. The changer starts the initial reading of the disks, but suddenly always gets stuck on the 11th one. No matter what I do (change the order of the plastic cd holders) the changer always stops on the 11th on. On all the other ones the changer doesn't pull in the cds, but for some damn reason on the 11th one, I noticed that the changer pulls the cd in a little bit and that's where it then gets stuck. The head unit gives me errors of 32 and sometimes 33. I tried to find out what these errors mean, but have had no luck. BTW, I also tried not putting some of the plastic cd holders in and the changer then also gets stuck when say the 9th cd holder place is not in. Then it also gives the same errors...

Can someone please help me with this annoying problem. I really want to still be able to use my cd changer... Any help is appreciated... Has anyone experienced this problem? My cd changer usually messes up when I hit a big bump on the road, but when I pop it back in, it seems to work fine afterwards... Some reason this time I'm out of luck.
Old 07-22-2002, 01:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Delco CD Changer Problems... Help!

I am guessing something on the inside is slightyl out of allignment and cuasing it to not work properly. I don't think there is too much any of us could do to help. A local repair shop might be able to give you a "free" estimate though..