Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

1995 camaro radio install/need tech help...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 camaro radio install/need tech help...

ok guys and girls i bought the kit ,the antenna adapter and plug in wiring harness...wired it all up but i get no sound from my speakers...if i leave the radio still plugged into the factory harness for power and pick any two speaker wires they will play my test speaker! plug the old stock radio back in everything works fine..i tried everything i could think of from splicing right into the factory harness to the radio .still no sound /crossing postive with a negative still no sound from the speakers...the harness appers to have never been touched,but everything i can find on the web as far a what wires go where ,does no match my factory harness as far as color codes..my speaker wires into the harness are much different colors, as well the ground wires on both ,what looks like the left front and left rear speakers is just a bare wire with no plastic covering...the car is a 95 camaro v6 with the stock bose cassette deck and 5 speakers,2 in the doors ,two in the back and one in the left rear hatch...if anybody has any thoughts please post them i can not listen to the radio and the few cassettes i have left anymore ..the radio going in is a poineer detachable face cd deck...thank you clint
Old 08-18-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know much about the bose systems, but I do not think you can use a simple conventional harness with the bose. You need a special harness to adapt the aftermarket radio wiring appropriately to drive the bose setup.

Go through the configurator at crutchfield and it will show you what you need. Then you can shop around and buy the adapter whereever.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got a 95 z with the bose system and i just went down to the local audio shop and told him i had the bose system and he gave me the harness. i pluged it in wired up the new deck and worked fine. check witch remote wire your wiring up from the deck to the harness. the bose system has a remote turn on for the factory amps and if thats not hooked up then you wont get any sound from the speakers but the deck will still turn on. so check that out. hope it helps.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:20 AM
Launching!

yes that 's what i found after three days of racking my brain.i found the wiring diagrams for the bose system on a web site and discovered the pink trigger wire .which every on-line radio store factory diagram listed as a blue wire for the power antenna or not in use in the factory harness,but i don't have a power antenna ,the wire was pink not blue,and there was a wire going into the factory plug for the radio so it was some sort of power wire .so i gave it a shot and wired it up and it worked like a charm .thank's for all your help guys...
Old 06-22-2017, 11:43 PM

Default 96 Camaro Bose Stereo Trigger Wire

is the pink trigger wire on the factory set of wires or the aftermarket harness that plugs into factory harness? Having Troube With This
Old 06-23-2017, 07:38 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

The pink wire is in the factory wiring. There may or may not be a corresponding wire in the adapter harness depending on which one you bought. If it is there, it will be either blue or blue/white.

Quick Reply: 1995 camaro radio install/need tech help...