Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Shift Light Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 11:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shift Light Help!

Ive had my Harlan for about a year now, and this is my second one (Harlan replaced the first one free), and ive had the same problem with both... They both worked fine for the first month or so, and then went a bit zany. When I start the car, the light will either light up and stay on (and the light wont come on at RPM point), and then slowly flicker... or it would flash very lightly and kind of sputter (still wont come on at RPM), and other times it would flash once as normal, and it would work fine Now it wont even light up at all If I check the settings, the light works fine, and it flashes back the shift point fine, but I cant get it to light up at startup, or at RPM.

Any ideas? I tried a volt meter, and its getting 12 volts, the ground is good... but the tach wire is only feeding back about 6 volts.... Can someone throw a voltmeter on the tach wire on their car so I can compare? Any other ideas? TIA!

- Ryan
Old 09-19-2002, 11:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Shift Light Help!

That sounds like a bad ground.