Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

harlan shift light

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2002, 04:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default harlan shift light

okay i ordered the harlan shift light, seems he is very busy so might take a while to get here, but on the other note, i have never done any wiring on my car, all the installs i made were VERY simple, this SEEMS to be hard, is it? the directions on installuniversity.com look kind of hard, and its impossible to get my AC vent out on my ta, but should i really try this install or just have somoene install it?i want to install it in my AC Vent in the middle of the car. help.
Old 10-11-2002, 08:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: harlan shift light

It is really simple to install. The hardest part which really isn't that difficult is feeding and attaching the pulse wire through the passenger side firewall grommet and to the tach wire going into ecm. Why don't you install it where I have mine in the small a-pillar vent. Fits like a glove and can't be missed when lit. You can see mine through link in my sig below.
Old 10-12-2002, 12:15 AM
Teching In

hey that looks a lot better than int he AC Vent, i like that idea a lot bro. only thing is how do you take that a pillar cover off? you just rip it off? and how do you wire it to your engine? do you have to go all the way accross through the passanger side firewall? isnt the wire noticable?
Old 10-12-2002, 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

After removing the two t-top screws it just pulls off as there are two clips holding it from the inside. One wire has to go across and out the passenger side firewall to the ECM but it is all above the bottom cover plates and invisible once installed.