Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

ITS THE $HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 01:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITS THE $HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to replace my crap 200 watt monsoon in my 1999 Camaro SS(t-top, six speed). I want to leave my existing wiring intact and add all new wiring. That way if I want to return the system beack to stock I can just remove all the goodies and then just plug my OEM equiptment back in. I like all kinds of music ranging from heavy metal to serious BASS to easy listening and foo-foo music for the lady friend. Listed is what I have come up with so far:
Kenwood Excelon KVT-911DVD headunit
Kenwood KGC-6042A EQ
Infinity Kappa 652.5i 6-3/4" 2-way Speakers for doors
Infinity Reference 452i 4" 2-way Speakers for hatch
Kenwood eXcelon KFC-X178 6-3/4" 2-way Speakers for rear seat area
Rockford Fosgate HE2 RFP3210 10" Dual 4-Ohm Voice Coil Component Sub x 2
Rockford Fosgate Punch 500X 62.5W x 4 for door/rear seat speakers
Rockford Fosgate Punch 700S 175W x 2 for subwoofers
Rockford Fosgate Punch 200S 50W x 2 for 4" hatch speakers

I want to keep my t-top storage. I think a stealth-box on each side of the boot would do nicely. Any advice or ideas? I would like to have the 3 amps mounted on a custom amp rack mounted to the verticle area right below the hatch latch(in between the stealth boxes). I don't want anything real fancy, thats why I am not adding any tweeters or custom speaker locations. Will I need to get a higher output alternator(why car is a 99 SS)? Will I need a different battery or more then one battery? Weight is a concern too. The car is a street/strip car with 414 rear wheel HP, and most likely will have more when I change out the 346CI for a 382 with TnT nitrous(somewhere around 450 without nitrous and 650-700 hP with the nitrous). I will also be running either a X-box, PS2, or Gamecube(got them all) in the car- don't know which one though. PLease give me any and all advice you might have.
Old 10-23-2002, 01:05 PM
Rok
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: ITS THE $HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what you have planned sounds AWESOME. you should post pics when your finished.
the only thing I would suggest would be to check out www.subthump.com and look at there boxes they have 2 boxes that would work perfect for you ones the T-top box witch is new and the other is the milhouse box which would also work. good luck and keep us updated
rok
Old 10-23-2002, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: ITS THE $HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are going to run an Xbox or a PS2 there's no reason for the Kenwood 911DVD head unit, as you can run all your dvd's off the PS2 or Xbox.
You will however need a screen, much like Kenwood's In Dash TV receiver which is about 1,000 less then the 911DVD unit.

Just my thoughts on it.