Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New deck with stock speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New deck with stock speakers?

I bought a new cd deck and I was told buy the guys at best buy that I'd have to re-wire the whole stereo system and get all new speakers because the Monsoon system won't work with aftermarket decks. Is this true?

thanks.

::austin::
Old 11-05-2002, 05:03 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: New deck with stock speakers?

I have friends who have replaced their stock deck, and used an adapter to adapt the deck to the stock wiring harness. This basically makes the new deck use the monsoon amp before it goes to the speakers. No one i know has had any problems with it so far. Personally, i would replace the speakers before the deck. The deck is not the weak link, its the speakers. Im still running the stock deck, stock amp, and stock wiring, but have replaced every speaker with an Infinity Kappa Component system, and also added 2 10 inch subs in the rear. My system sounds absolutely awesome with the stock deck. I have no future plans on replacing it.
Old 11-05-2002, 07:00 PM
12 Second Club

Default Re: New deck with stock speakers?

Im running my stock monsoon system with my Priemer HU with no problems...just need the wiring harness adapter.....as for the speakers being the weak link i agree partially, they are bad but u just don't know how big a difference there was b/t my stock HU and the Priemer...i got about a 20 decible boost by changing it and i can still hear words decently.....IMO change both!