Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Kenwood music keg?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 02:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Kenwood music keg?

Any of you guys have any experience with the Kenwood music keg. They are supposed to have a 20 gig one out right now or so it says on the Kenwood site ---> http://www.kenwoodusa.com/excelon/excelonKeg.jsp

Let me know what you guys think about it. I know that I would also want a Kenwood head unit as well so I don't have to use the FM adaptor.

Jason
Old 12-11-2002, 06:10 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Kenwood music keg?

The Kenwood Music Keg is awesome! All you have to go to have loads of music in your car is download Mp3's off your comp, onto the Music Keg cartridge, then plug the cartridge into the Music Keg, and BOOM! More music than you could listen to if you were sitting in your car for a whole week, and you'd never hear the same song twice. 20Gb is a LOT of Mp3 files. Also there's no moving parts, so there is less chance of something breaking, like on a CD changer. The only downside to the Music Keg is that it's pretty $$$.
Old 12-12-2002, 01:44 AM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Kenwood music keg?

Thanks Snootch.

The main reason I am looking into the keg other than not having sciping cd's is that I have over 40 gig of music on my computer and would love to have all of it in my car at all times. Also I wouldn't have to worry about people breaking into my car to steal my cd's.