Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speakers not playing

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers not playing

HELP!!!!!!! my speakers stop playing in my car...i have the moonson system. i had my amp power wire to my 2nd amp just hanging without being connected to the amp...i heard a noise and then i could hear alternator whine trough the speakers but no music....could i have blown the fuse on the monsoon amp
Old 02-10-2003, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Speakers not playing

You could have shorted out the amp itself. The whine you are hearing might be from bad RCA's, I had this problem and had to replace them. Check your RCA's to see if that helps with the whine. I would check your fuse and see if it is blown, was the noise you heard sound like a thump through your speakers?
Old 02-10-2003, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Speakers not playing

You could have shorted out the amp itself. The whine you are hearing might be from bad RCA's, I had this problem and had to replace them. Check your RCA's to see if that helps with the whine. I would check your fuse and see if it is blown, was the noise you heard sound like a thump through your speakers? I'tcould also be that your power wire isnt getting a good connection check all your hardware and make sure it is all good and tight.