Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Has anyone actually replaced the sail panel speakers in a Camaro successfully?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2003, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Has anyone actually replaced the sail panel speakers in a Camaro successfully?

Mine keep blowing and I want to buy a decent replacement that won't blow up on me. 100-150$. I will eventually replace everything but not now.

I hear that the sail panel subs are 4ohm dvc, 2ohm svc, and everything in between. Has anyone actually replaced them with a completely stock system successfully?

If so, what did you use?

Thanks,
Dope

PS-this is crossposted from ls1.com, sorry. No one had any answers there though.
Old 01-26-2003, 08:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Has anyone actually replaced the sail panel speakers in a Camaro successfully?

make sure the ohm rating of yours first. Rockford fosgate makes a 6.5 in sub in the he line. Kicker also make a couple of 6.5 in subs. I have used both and hade good sucsess. another speaker i have used is the blaupunkt overdrive. its a coaxial but the woofer part is great and the speaker can be wired 2 ohm, and the last great. the biggest thing i saw about the monsoon system was the fact that they distorted bad when the bass is turned all the way up, and when a system distorts no speaker is going to last.