Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

PAC SWI-X install locations

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 01:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys just wanted to give you all an update of how it finished off. NO it didn't take me this long and YES I know I need to adjust my E-brake =D

I was so surprised when I found out how easily that center console pops out. Ran it downstairs to my drill press and did a nice clean hole, fiddled it in and voila I've never had an issue with excess sunlight but then again my side windows are deeply tinted. WELL worth the 30 bucks I spent on it.

Last edited by ryanfx; 09-24-2006 at 02:00 AM.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

so is this really hard to install, i had a guy at hoopers tell me it was one of the hardest things he's put in...is he just trying to fish me out of some money? i was going to try it myself first anyway but just thought i would get a little heads up first...
Old 09-24-2006, 10:07 PM
BJM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98hardtopZ
so is this really hard to install, i had a guy at hoopers tell me it was one of the hardest things he's put in...is he just trying to fish me out of some money? i was going to try it myself first anyway but just thought i would get a little heads up first...
An installer told you its hard to put in? Stay away from that shop!

Its only got 3 wires to hook up. Power, ground, and one coloured wire picked from several choices based on the type of car you have. The rest is programming which is quite simple once you try it out.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

i figured he was trying to pull a fast one....thanks man!
Old 09-25-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah, figure it's beating a dead horse but just wanted to make SURE you stay away from that shop. I'm not an an electronics newbie (I installed an alarm on my old fbody) but I'm pretty sure my dog could have installed the transmiter if I had enough biscuits. The initial wiring took me about 1 minute per wire to clamp onto cleanly. Wiring it under the center console was a joke in itself.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That installer must be scared to death of universal remote controls.

Seriously though the instructions are kinda bad, but there are enough posts here about exactly which wires to use, where to put the sensor, that you should have no worries.

Originally Posted by 98hardtopZ