Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

HVAC and PRNDL lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC and PRNDL lights

On my 98 TA, the lights on my hvac and prndl are not on. the radio lights and dash lights are on though. I checked the fuses and all of them are good. Any ideas??
Old 09-11-2006, 07:30 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Burned out bulbs? The HVAC uses a #37 bulb and the PRNDL uses a #73 bulb.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i pulled the hvac and none of them are burnt out. didnt pull the prndl though
Old 09-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Did you test them or just look at them? Bulbs can look fine but still be burned out.

This is one of those cases where there really aren't a lot of things that could be causing the problem. Since your other dash lights are working we can eliminate the fuse as a problem (all run off the same fuse). We can also eliminate a bad ground as the problem since they also share a common ground (at the left side of the dash behind the kick panel). So that leaves us with bulbs or some kind of break in the wires going to the individual bulbs. Unless you have been doing extensive work in that area where you could have damaged the wires, I would guess burned out bulbs.

You can confirm this with a test light or multimeter. Check for power on the gray wire and ground on the black wire at each of the bulb sockets. If that's okay then the bulbs are the problem. If not then start looking for broken wires.

Quick Reply: HVAC and PRNDL lights