Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

ScyTek Alarm?? need to protect the Z's audio system!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 01:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ScyTek Alarm?? need to protect the Z's audio system!

Hey, I just invested a lot of money in my car, audio wise, like a lot of you have and I would like to upgrade my stock alarm to a good aftermarket one. Im willing to spend a good, but not to insane of an amount to protect it. Mostly since my work has had numerous break ins to cars parked, even up in front of the restaurant. So I found this alarm, made by a highly reviewed company, yall let me know what you think.
ScyTek Alarms
The pros of this alarm is of course the interior camera and pager remote. I would find this very useful if my car was being messed with and the remote would vibrate/sound. Also since I can take a picture of the inside whenever I want, I could just snap one and see if its just a false alarm, etc. Also it comes with a microwave motion sensor, just started learning about this, but supposively it will chirp the alarm as a warning if you get within a foot of the car. (Usually for convertibles). Well all the features and what not are listed on that website and I can get it for around $300-$320 shipped on various websites, pricey, but with all the features Im still interested. So ill stop rambling and let you all comment and give me your opinions.

Thanks,
-Philip

ps...If I decide to get the alarm and if anybody is interested ill PM you the websites....
Old 09-16-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Regular

anybody????
Old 08-01-2007, 06:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know anything about these?
I hav one as well but almost wanna take it back cause It's gonna be hell to install.
I had an installer tell me to switch to a viper.

Anyone?
Old 08-03-2007, 12:44 AM
Launching!

i have a python remote start one, with the little screen and **** on the remote. havent had any problems with it. i have a mile radius. i forget what companys but one company makes alot of the brands in car alarms.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:23 AM
TECH Resident

I like the scytek alarms. I put one in my sisters car. They seem pretty top notch. They even have a model with a camera that snaps picks when the alarm is triggered. Im goign to pick one up soon. I usually install DEI python, dei viper, and have messed with some cliford stuff. All those companies are the same, Scytek is on there own, but its a nice unit.