Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Factory amp location with pictures 93 t/a

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 06:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory amp location with pictures 93 t/a

if any one is look for it there it is dinky little thing
Attached Thumbnails Factory amp location with pictures 93 t/a-dcp_0036.jpg  
Old 10-02-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im not familiar with what you speak of.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:14 PM
Launching!

I thought the amp was by the spare. What area is that picture from... looks like seat?
Old 10-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

it is the non monsoon system the monson amp is the rear spare tire hole.this one is on pass side next to the rear seat the monson started in like 98
Old 10-03-2006, 11:07 PM
Launching!

...and that explains my confusion... Thanks!
Old 10-04-2006, 07:52 AM
Teching In

Are you planning to replace the factory amp somehow?

By your post and some of my recent posts, I think we're both trying to upgrade the factory non-Bose, non-Monsoon system in the 93/94's. I'd be interested in knowing what your trying to do....

I have a factory manual for a 94, so if you have any wireing ?'s, let me know..
Old 10-04-2006, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that is the Bose amp.

Base 93/94 systems were just driven off the head unit. No amps, no confusing crap, just plain and simple. At least that's how my 93 Formula was. Makes for very simple upgrades.

I don't think there was any sort of middle system between the base and Bose.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by todddchi
I think that is the Bose amp.

Base 93/94 systems were just driven off the head unit. No amps, no confusing crap, just plain and simple. At least that's how my 93 Formula was. Makes for very simple upgrades.

I don't think there was any sort of middle system between the base and Bose.
I'm pretty sure the bose system was only in Camaros....None of my speakers say bose and the amp (and speakers) say Delco??

According to the factory wiring diagram, the head unit runs inputs for F/R, L/R, +/- into the little amp under the passenger side sail panel. Then runs outputs to each sail panel sub.

Regardless, this is probably an easier set-up to upgrade than the Monsoon system...
Old 03-08-2022, 03:21 AM

Default 94 K1500 Suburban

Originally Posted by CL21376
I'm pretty sure the bose system was only in Camaros....None of my speakers say bose and the amp (and speakers) say Delco??

According to the factory wiring diagram, the head unit runs inputs for F/R, L/R, +/- into the little amp under the passenger side sail panel. Then runs outputs to each sail panel sub.

Regardless, this is probably an easier set-up to upgrade than the Monsoon system...
Mine had all bose speakers, I put in newer aftermarket, in all areas, back door, tailgate speaker don't work at all, the driver dash is hit and miss, passenger side works 100% of the time. Been looking for that damn Bose Amp for years
Old 03-08-2022, 03:09 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

There is a big difference between a Bose system in a Camaro and that in other GM models. The Camaro Bose system has a special head unit which outputs low level signal to the low impedance (1-ohm) speakers which each have an amp integrated with them. So there is no single Bose amp in a Camaro - there are either three for the 3-speaker version or five for the 5-speaker system.

And, even though this thread is 15 years old, I might as well clarify the original question. The early 4th generation Firebird and Camaro models had completely different "premium" audio systems. The Camaro had the Bose system (initially with only three speakers before later models got five speakers), while the Firebird had an unnamed 10-speaker system which was quite similar to the later Monsoon system. The ten speakers were in the same locations as in the Monsoon system - two components in each door, two components on each side of the hatch area plus sail panel subs. The big difference was that only the sail panel subs were powered by a small amp mounted below the right side sub next to the rear seat (as shown in the first post). In the Firebird Monsoon system, all of the speakers except the front and rear tweeters were powered by the amp mounted in front of the spare tire while the tweeters were powered directly by the head unit.

Quick Reply: Factory amp location with pictures 93 t/a