Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Oil Temp Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 11:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil Temp Gauge

I am thinking about getting an Oil temp gauge until I can save up for an interceptor.

What exactly is involved in the installation of one, I am very confused. Do I need to tap a hole anywhere or can i piggyback off of another sensor?

I tried searching and am still confused.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You could get a T fitting and go off the factory sender.

Another option is a diverter plate that is right above your oil filter. It is held on by two 10mm bolts. Take that off and tap it and mount you sender in that. I bought a Corvette plate that is already pre-drilled. I haven't mounted it yet. I couldn't order the non-drilled one that come on Birds/Maros. I just wanted one to drill into an extra one so I didn't screw up the only one I had.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:45 AM
Launching!

Just FYI....I have the Aeroforce Interceptor and it does not measure oil temperature. It will measure oil pressure but since our stock oil pressure gauges are functional (actual pressure) the Interceptor gives a false readout something like 45523.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SweeTbone
Another option is a diverter plate that is right above your oil filter. It is held on by two 10mm bolts. Take that off and tap it and mount you sender in that.
Thats the route I went. Super easy.