Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Headunit deal

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headunit deal

I've got a deal to get this Headunit for my 99 z with Monsoon http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/product...model=CDA-9856

My buddy isn't sure of what he'll let his unopened one go for quite yet but his first offer was 175, I know I can talk him down a bit and he'd be willing to let it slide for less so i'm not squeezing pennies on a friend.

I looked here as well http://www.crutchfield.com/S-a3nLBIH...0CDA9856&wm=su

It looks like just what I want, only things i'd like to do are power the sub that came with my car *10 inch JL* and replace all my speakers *doors already done* I'm not to huge a car music person will this be ok?

Rest of planned system is Alpine so I figured go with a HU to match this looks sharp and offers MP3s so thats about all I want.

Is there somthing my non car stero wiz self is missing or will this be the ticket for me?

Thanks a ton
Old 10-05-2006, 12:26 AM
12 Second Club

It is only around a $190 hu with warranty, but may not have some of the fine tuning options you may want. Example, I had a Kenwood mp922 hu for awhile, sounded good, but decided a few years later to get a new Kenwood x790(2006 model), and the difference was very noticable, there are settings within bass, mids and highs to fine tune the freq within each, plays everything and even has a horsepower calculator(like a g-tech), not that I will probably ever use it, but it was under $200 shipped on ebay. Alpines are a great hu, but I like higher volt outs for the subs and lots of options to fine tune, the starting out Alpine models lack some features for me.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool thanks for your imput, thats really sharp i've never heard of such features!

So even though I'm not an audiophile I still should aim a bit higher?

Also if anyone else would toss in there 2 cents i'd be greatful.