Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

sound stream..?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sound stream..?

has anyone ever heard of this brand.. i went into a local audio place and told them i was looking for some component speakers for the front 6.5 and some 6x9 for the back.. working custom for that (vette coupe) and a 4 channel amp to power it..

Im trying to do some research on the company and see what it is.. if it is any good but my audio knowledge is limited..

and ideas would be greatly appreaciated..

here is what they told me to get
xts 6.9 - 6x9's
xts 6.5 - 6.5 (supposed to have been component)
xts 600.4 - amp

http://www.soundstream.com/products-main.htm

also what is better 2 way or 3 way?

thanks guys!!

Old 10-29-2006, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

ok, soundstream is a good company, they are more of a sub/ amp company in my opinion. You dont want any 6x9's because of their oval shape they distort sound. One ways are the best, two ways are still great. 3 ways is pushing it. How much are you looking to spend? I will give you a list of what I would buy, I compete in car audio. Also where do you live?
Old 10-30-2006, 06:42 AM
Teching In

I live in sw florida.. I spoke to someone that works on audio **** for cars and he said that the 6x9 in the back would bring more sound to the front of the car.. If i go for all 4 speakers and 4channel amp im looking to spend under 400$.. ne thing else? so 2way > 3way
Old 10-30-2006, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

I used to test for SoundStream back in the day (was the first person to blow a set of their SPL160's in the mid 90's).

Their stuff won't die, I still have an SPL160 (15" sub) and a Class A 6.0 working fine in my daily driver and get this.... the 6.0 was involved in a horrendous car fire, totally burned the powdercoating and all the wires going to it and was submerged in water along with 2 other SoundStream amps and a host of AudioControl equipment.

All three SoundStream amps STILL WORK TO THIS DAY! Crazy...