Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

factory alarm is stupid

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default factory alarm is stupid

So if I use my door key to unlock the door. It sets off the alarm once I open the door. anyway to stop this?
Old 11-05-2006, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

heres ur answer
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KEYLE...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-05-2006, 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ARG! I need one too, I just bought my car and it's equiped to have keyless entry, but there's no keyfob >_< I don't have th ealarm problem, but anyways, that only works for 96+ I've been looking at that guys stuff, but all the 93 ones are ugly
Old 11-05-2006, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the key fob. But i couldn't find my reg keys one time, went to the secodn key fob and the bat was dead and wouldn't unlock, hence trying to use the door key. Why the **** does the car come with a door key if it sets off the alarm?
Old 11-05-2006, 01:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When the alarm is armed and you use the door key, you have 8 seconds to put the ignition key in before it goes off.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
I have the key fob. But i couldn't find my reg keys one time, went to the secodn key fob and the bat was dead and wouldn't unlock, hence trying to use the door key. Why the **** does the car come with a door key if it sets off the alarm?
Because all the car knows is that the door was opened without the alarm being turned off. And, as 2001NBMZ28 said, you can avoid the alarm if you're quick enough getting the key in the ignition. There's a lot more information in your owner's manual about how it works and how to program the features.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Because all the car knows is that the door was opened without the alarm being turned off. And, as 2001NBMZ28 said, you can avoid the alarm if you're quick enough getting the key in the ignition. There's a lot more information in your owner's manual about how it works and how to program the features.

thanks..I purchased the car without a manual. guess i'll havwe to hunt one down. I woudl think they would have put a bypass that if a key is used to disable the alarm.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well there is a bypass, as stated. You get 8 seconds... OR YOUR CAR WILL ASSPLODE!!!!!! MWAHAHAH

..... Sorry >_> heh
Old 11-06-2006, 07:06 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
thanks..I purchased the car without a manual. guess i'll havwe to hunt one down. I woudl think they would have put a bypass that if a key is used to disable the alarm.
Actually, not even the most expensive Viper alarm has that kind of bypass. The reason is because it's difficult to set up a system to tell the difference between the door unlocking with the proper key, or the lock being picked, or someone using a slim jim to pop the lock.

A copy of the alarm programming instructions is posted here. You might even be able to find a PDF version of the owner's manual somewhere - I downloaded one for my T/A some time ago.

Quick Reply: factory alarm is stupid