Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

autozone window motor info

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By default power comes from your battery, thru your Body control Module on the passenger side then over to the driver side switch. Then back to the passenger window to operate it. This long path of power reduces the amperage and voltage the motor gets by quite a bit.

So your motor is underpowered which

1. reduces motor life
2. reduces motor strength
3. makes the breaker blow and the window stop.

This kit will get power to the window directly from the battery. It will improve power to the driver side when both windows are being rolled up and down at the same time due to the switch on the driver side no longer needing to power the passenger side.

From the factory The driver side is powered fine when it is the only one operating but everytime you roll them up or down together they are both getting hit with low volatage.

All the videos on the site are with the car in accessory mode and the car not started. Getting this kit before you have problems will only help make sure you don't have these issues early.

Window motors WILL fail like any electric motor, but they should not fail so soon. Our window motors should be able to last over 10 years during normal use when they are properly powered.

Hope this answers your question.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:53 AM
TECH Resident

both of my windows are slow, will this help the driver's side at all?
but yes the passenger side is especially slow.
and the videos were not working, and its not my connection (I have Fiber)
Old 11-16-2006, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gnomee
By default power comes from your battery, thru your Body control Module on the passenger side then over to the driver side switch. Then back to the passenger window to operate it. This long path of power reduces the amperage and voltage the motor gets by quite a bit.

So your motor is underpowered which

1. reduces motor life
2. reduces motor strength
3. makes the breaker blow and the window stop.

This kit will get power to the window directly from the battery. It will improve power to the driver side when both windows are being rolled up and down at the same time due to the switch on the driver side no longer needing to power the passenger side.

From the factory The driver side is powered fine when it is the only one operating but everytime you roll them up or down together they are both getting hit with low volatage.

All the videos on the site are with the car in accessory mode and the car not started. Getting this kit before you have problems will only help make sure you don't have these issues early.

Window motors WILL fail like any electric motor, but they should not fail so soon. Our window motors should be able to last over 10 years during normal use when they are properly powered.

Hope this answers your question.
i'll believe that. that would explain why the passenger side goes before the drivers side even though the drivers side gets more use. that would also explain why upgrading the electrical system in your car speeds the windows up as well. i'll probably do your mod next time i have my door panels off. good thinking
Old 11-16-2006, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

It will only help the drivers side out when your are rolling both windows up or down. If the drivers side is slow or not working right on its own then the motor in that door then

1. the motor is failing.
2. the express down module is having a problem (if it only has trouble going down)
3. You can have a bad switch that will cause issues.

there are some good writeups on here about trouble shooting those issues with the drivers side door.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

As for the videos not working....

Unfortunetly the only thing they display in is Windows media 9 and up. If you have not upgraded your media player version or are not running windows the videos will not work.

We are trying to get that fixed, but 90%+ of everyone has a windows system or has access to one, so we figured we would cover most people with this setup.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:07 AM
TECH Addict

eh, the video works well for me
Old 11-16-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Resident

I have windows media player 11 installed. I even put the link from your site, mms://media.autotrix.net/autotrix.net directly into media player, using open url.

It was not loading, could it be a problem with media player 11?

1. the motor is failing.
2. the express down module is having a problem (if it only has trouble going down)
3. You can have a bad switch that will cause issues.

there are some good writeups on here about trouble shooting those issues with the drivers side door.
links please, and I have done searches before.

Last edited by kny3twalker; 11-16-2006 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by kny3twalker
I have windows media player 11 installed. I even put the link from your site, mms://media.autotrix.net/autotrix.net directly into media player, using open url.

It was not loading, could it be a problem with media player 11?

links please, and I have done searches before.

If you type in mms://media.autotrix.net/autotrix.net it should have worked. I would have to guess that it is a problem with media player 11. I will download it and see if I have the same issues.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Resident

I just tried it in internet explorer as well, and I had weird issues there as well. Video kept stopping while playing, and then it froze while buffering.

I edited my last post as well, as I forgot to quote what I wanted a link for.

Thanks
Old 11-16-2006, 08:17 PM
12 Second Club

what about the ebay A1Auto power window motors? you get two for like $93 shipped..lifetime warranty? anybody messed with them? please i need to know..it rains al the damn time in GA and i NEED POWER WINDOWS THAT WORK!!!!
Old 11-16-2006, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Black FormulaLs1
what about the ebay A1Auto power window motors? you get two for like $93 shipped..lifetime warranty? anybody messed with them? please i need to know..it rains al the damn time in GA and i NEED POWER WINDOWS THAT WORK!!!!
stop being annoying and get the dorman from autozone. its 65 dollars