Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How to on stealth box

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to on stealth box

Anyone know the dimensions of the stealth boxes. Im trying to build one and need some help on measurements
Old 11-22-2006, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck !! i was doing the same and your better off just buying it lol.....seriously thats like trying to crack a nasa code or something lol.....
Old 11-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't find it hard at all..
Just take cardboard and make a template for the front, transfer it to wood, trace your sup opening, then walla,

Add sides the debth you want, put a back on it, seal it all, carpet the front, put your sub in...
Old 11-23-2006, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I'm sure spud's subwoofer enclosure does the job for him (looks good too) I would suggest using MDF and not plywood for the enclosure. I'd also use 3/4" MDF for the faceplate and at least 5/8" MDF for the rest of the enclosure. MDF is much more dense than plywood. Plywood will flex much more distorting the sound at higher volumes. It is also very important that the subwoofer enclosure be completey sealed on the inside. You should also try to match the internal volume of the sub enclosure to a driver that is best suited to that volume.