Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Casper V-Plus Volt Booster

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 03:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Casper V-Plus Volt Booster

Has anyone used the Casper V-Plus Volt Booster? It's supposed to increase voltage at over 70% throttle to provide adequate voltage. I have the racetronix fuel pump and hot wire kit. Is this a worthwhile upgrade?

"Caspers
V-Plus Volt Booster
Your alternator is designed to put out a specific voltage, generally 13.8 volts. The only problem is when there's a greater demand on the electrical system, such as a WOT blast, the alternator falls a little short. The V-Plus is designed to overcome voltage taper at WOT by stepping up the alternator voltage 2.2v. at 70% throttle. Result? More power to your fuel pump and ignition system. Unit plugs in, with no wires to cut or tap into. Includes hardware. "
Old 12-06-2006, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen guys in the FI forum that love this product. It's helped with some of the Fuel issues they were having at WOT. So far, I really haven't read about anything negative about the product.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes it is worth while, worked well for me.
I would recomend getting the TPS wire harness extension kit that they offer as well. The only thing I did not care for was the mounting location so close to the TB. With the extensions I was able to move it to a better location, made for a cleaner install.

The reason they went with the orginal location was to prevent interferance from the Alternator. But I was sure to mount it far enough a way.

No problems, see a nice voltage increase.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:56 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

3 words for you: KENNE BELL BAP.

Quick Reply: Casper V-Plus Volt Booster