Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Should I use factory tweeter crossover?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I use factory tweeter crossover?!

I am replacing my front speakers with MB Quart components and have a few questions.. (I am new to car stereos so bare with me) I have a new Headunit which is awesome!! I love it!! and I installed the components in the drivers today and tested it and it sounded quiet!! compared to factory. But!! I eliminated the crossover and ran straight into the new tweeter, and new woofer and it sounded pretty damn good! Now I am trying to figure out the crossover..... How do I hook this bad boy up if I have two inputs from the woofer and the tweeter? Do I bypass the woofer and just run the crossover for the tweeters, or should i just utilize the factory crossover?

Thanks guys!!
Old 12-16-2006, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best to bypass the stock crossover and use the one that came with the speakers. Each speaker system has its own crossover for optimal performance of that system.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most brands already have a inline crossover built into the tweeter already to help protect from lower frequencys