Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

ok need some speaker help

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok need some speaker help

This is for my GTI

ok over at Vwvortex i can't really get an answer. it has the factory monsoon system in it. and from what they are saying the way the factory amp works is 20 watts to the front speakers and 30 watts to the rears. and supposedly they run at 3 ohm. so here is my post fro that website. i;v ebeen searchign and trying to find specs for the Monsoon but i'm not having much luck.

ok i'm gonna be taking some christmas money and putting some new speakers plus a sub in my car. i already have my sub and amp. btu i was wondering what speakers woudl match up best with the factory monsoon?
i was looking at these for the fronts
http://www.woofersetc.com/inde...=4493

and these for the rear
http://www.woofersetc.com/inde...=4492

i don't want to spend too much. trying to keep it reasonable and i'm going to be running the factory head unit. i'll also be building a custom fiberglass enclosure for in the spare tire well.

help is very much appreciated. i'm beginning to not like monsoon.

josh

Last edited by LSfast1; 12-24-2006 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:26 AM
On The Tree

yea dude they advertised like they were doing us a favor by giving us the monsoon speaker system.f-that. if you want go to ebay and get some fosgates for cheap i personally think there good only b/c i had some.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

well i like those jbl's and i think they woudl be alright with the stock amp because they can run off of pretty low wattage.