Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help please - having trouble finding exact size for hatch speakers.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 10:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please - having trouble finding exact size for hatch speakers.

I've been trying to search and read the stickies (someone should just add in there a sticky with exact size / locations for our cars.

anyways, if i'm correct in understanding the door speakers in the front are 6.5's, the back seat speakers are 6.5 as well. and I believe the hatch speakers are 4" ? is this all correct?

thanks
Old 12-26-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Firebird is Like 6.5S" Speaker door .75" Tweeter, 6.5S" Sail Panel mid bass, 4" Mid and 2" tweeter in the hatch.

S is Oversized, so 6.75" will fit as well. All that info should be in the Monsoon FAQ.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight98TA
I've been trying to search and read the stickies (someone should just add in there a sticky with exact size / locations for our cars.

anyways, if i'm correct in understanding the door speakers in the front are 6.5's, the back seat speakers are 6.5 as well. and I believe the hatch speakers are 4" ? is this all correct?

thanks
I don't know how much clearer the Monsoon FAQ could be:

The speakers vary greatly between models. Firebird coupes have ten speaker elements mounted in six locations, Camaro coupes have eight speaker elements mounted in six locations, and convertibles of both lines have eight speaker elements mounted in four locations. The eight channel amp powers all speaker elements in the Camaro coupe and all convertibles. It powers all speakers except the tweeters in Firebird coupes.

Firebird coupes have component 6.5S (6.5" oversize) 2-ohm mids and .75" 4-ohm tweeters mounted separately in the doors, dual voice coil 6.5S (4-ohm + 4-ohm) subs mounted in the sail panels (beside the rear seat), and component 4" 4-ohm mids and .75" 4-ohm tweeters mounted separately in the hatch area. The two door mids and two hatch mids account for four of the eight channels of the amp while the DVC subs account for two channels each to make up the other four channels. This leaves the front and rear tweeters to be powered directly by the head unit.

Camaro coupes have component 6.5S 2-ohm mids and .75" 4-ohm tweeters mounted coaxially in the doors (they look like ordinary coax speakers but are actually wired as separate components), single voice coil 6.5S 2-ohm subs in the sail panels, and 4" 4-ohm full-range speakers in the hatch area. All eight elements are powered by the amp.

Convertibles have component 6.5S 2-ohm mids and .75" 4-ohm tweeters mounted coaxially in the doors. The schematics show 6.5S 2-ohm woofers and .75" 4-ohm tweeters mounted coaxially in the quarter panels beside the rear seats but inspection of the actual speakers has discovered both the woofers and tweeters are actually 4-ohm. All eight elements are powered by the amp.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

The best thing you can do for your system is just leave the hatch speakers unplugged
Old 12-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Launching!

ah jeez. yeah I spent a lot of time reading all the links in the second sticky and couldn't figure out why there wasn't a more simple one with the sizes. The holidays are getting to me.

anyways thanks for the help everyone. Hah the hatch speakers aren't that useless are they?