Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

R U interested in a D.S. rear Sub Box

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be interested. I was going to buy Mike's but I think he'll agree that price is unbeatable. I might have to hear a few responses before i buy one.

Mike, when are those pods gonna be done. I'm going to get some either from you or Kevin mid february. Price still the same?
Old 01-01-2007, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by b's90cam
I'd be interested. I was going to buy Mike's but I think he'll agree that price is unbeatable. I might have to hear a few responses before i buy one.

Mike, when are those pods gonna be done. I'm going to get some either from you or Kevin mid february. Price still the same?
he said in about 2 weeks but I would also like to know how much they will be. Who is this Kevin guy, how much does he sell his?
Old 01-02-2007, 08:30 AM
Restricted User

tweeter pods will be $75 shipped. I have the molds done, just got to make a batch. I don't want to start taking orders until I have about 6 or so sets made and ready. My pods are an exact duplicate of Kevins, I bought I set of his to base my mold from since he doesn't seem to make them too often any more.

as for the sub box, I don't mean to stomp on 2001bluerata's thread, I'm sure his box is a quality product and is a great choice for budget minded folks, but there are reasons my enclosures cost what they do. My box is an all fiberglass shell, less then 1/4" thick, yet since it's made from stitched biaxial, it's strong enough to support your car. Heck, I'd bet money it could withstand a sledge hammer blow with minimum damage. But stiched biaxial costs me $7 a yard, where chot mat costs only $2. The 3/4" mdf face is attached with super high strentgh epoxy paste, and the whole box only weighs 12 lbs, so that's something to consider for the weight consious people. Each enclosure is sprayed with a liberal amount of Cascade Vblock sound deadener to seal it up. Plus, my box uses gold plated binding posts for your wiring, no leaky terminal cups or need to drill holes for your wires.
The trunkliner is glued on with commercial grade auto motive contact cement, so no worries about it pulling loose in the hot summer either.

like I said, I have $50 just in materials in each box. there is no way I can compete at the $85 price point, so I wish 2001bluerata the best of luck and hope is successful in his endeavor. I must offer these words of advice to him though... when I was contemplating building my boxes, I put the word out to guage interest, and had well over a dozen people respond, even after I said the price would be nearly $250 a box. Once they were available and listed for $225, I sold 2. Even with my lower price to move what shells I have left, I still have no more interest, and have barely covered my costs in what it took to build my mold. So good luck 2001bluerata, I hope everyone interested follows through for you when it's time to put the money up.

mike
Old 01-02-2007, 11:05 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike @ FbodyAudio
tweeter pods will be $75 shipped. I have the molds done, just got to make a batch. I don't want to start taking orders until I have about 6 or so sets made and ready. My pods are an exact duplicate of Kevins, I bought I set of his to base my mold from since he doesn't seem to make them too often any more.

as for the sub box, I don't mean to stomp on 2001bluerata's thread, I'm sure his box is a quality product and is a great choice for budget minded folks, but there are reasons my enclosures cost what they do. My box is an all fiberglass shell, less then 1/4" thick, yet since it's made from stitched biaxial, it's strong enough to support your car. Heck, I'd bet money it could withstand a sledge hammer blow with minimum damage. But stiched biaxial costs me $7 a yard, where chot mat costs only $2. The 3/4" mdf face is attached with super high strentgh epoxy paste, and the whole box only weighs 12 lbs, so that's something to consider for the weight consious people. Each enclosure is sprayed with a liberal amount of Cascade Vblock sound deadener to seal it up. Plus, my box uses gold plated binding posts for your wiring, no leaky terminal cups or need to drill holes for your wires.
The trunkliner is glued on with commercial grade auto motive contact cement, so no worries about it pulling loose in the hot summer either.

like I said, I have $50 just in materials in each box. there is no way I can compete at the $85 price point, so I wish 2001bluerata the best of luck and hope is successful in his endeavor. I must offer these words of advice to him though... when I was contemplating building my boxes, I put the word out to guage interest, and had well over a dozen people respond, even after I said the price would be nearly $250 a box. Once they were available and listed for $225, I sold 2. Even with my lower price to move what shells I have left, I still have no more interest, and have barely covered my costs in what it took to build my mold. So good luck 2001bluerata, I hope everyone interested follows through for you when it's time to put the money up.

mike
Aint that a bitch? Amazing how often in business people will talk the talk and then run away when the time comes to drop a few bucks. I'll never understand that mind set... but hey, just move on to the next project right? Good luck to both of you.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:30 AM
On The Tree

I was one of the a-holes that was going to buy a box from mike but lost my job in december. Sorry mike. Got a job at Chevron and should be doing well around march. By that time I'm sure there will be no tweeter pods or sub boxes. Such is life.

Brandon