Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wiring In A InLine For A Amp?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Wiring In A InLine output converter For A Amp?

Hey i was wondering anybody that put one of these in their car how did you wire it in i was planning on using my sailpanel aire being as i used the hatch wores in their place for the sail speakers but do i have to wire in both sides ? where is a good place to wire this in off the amp??? on the back of it it show a diagram for left and right channel and ground so my question is what wire if coming off the amp and do i just ground the wire on the inline or splice it into the amps ground wiring? let me know .......

Last edited by CULATR; 01-15-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CULATR
Hey i was wondering anybody that put one of these in their car how did you wire it in i was planning on using my sailpanel aire being as i used the hatch wores in their place for the sail speakers but do i have to wire in both sides ? where is a good place to wire this in off the amp??? on the back of it it show a diagram for left and right channel and ground so my question is what wire if coming off the amp and do i just ground the wire on the inline or splice it into the amps ground wiring? let me know .......
Uh... Are you asking how to wire an amp? Here's a guide:
http://www.caraudiohelp.com/how_to_i..._a_car_amp.htm

As far as f-body specific locations...

Good ground points are the rear seatbelt mounting bolts or the steel below the sail panels. (clean the metal well)

A good point to run the main power wire into the engine compartment is directly behind the PCM. There is a large grommet that only a few wires go through. Cut a small slit in the grommet and run your power cable through that. You do have to unbolt the PCM to get to it.

Hopefully I answered your questions.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol i know how to wire a amp up but i was just checking on people that have used the above inline converter where it splices into your speaker wires so you have rca's from a factory monsoon unit so you can run rca's to a amp. so i can be sure about it im guessing you come off the pass side monsoon amp wiring but do you use the ground as well on the amp wiring or wire the inline converter ground to a a spot on the car?? im guessing the amp ground right?? just want to be sure, i plan on using the sailpanel speaker wires because i used my hatch speaker wires for my new speakers in the sailpanel spot and was using hte above to wire up a amp and mtx thunderform unit.....
Old 01-15-2007, 08:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, sorry I misread your post.Yes, use the four speaker wires (L-,L+,R-,R+) and if there are ground wires on the line output converter, ground them to the amp ground. This will ensure the LOC sees the same ground potential as the RCA shields do, avoiding a ground loop.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool thanks, that was what i was thinking just wanted to be sure thanks for the help i apprecaite it alot........